Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If I was Supervision

Background

Brigitte Flynn is the daughter of the superhero Captain Dynamo and member of the team Dynamo 5 which comprises of Captain Dynamo's children from different women. She was formerly known as Scrap but the siblings had their powers removed and then redistributed among them and now she has the powers that belonged to her brother Hector who was known as Visionary.

Description

Supervison is an averaged height, athletic woman with brown hair and eyes (I think). She wears a legless and sleeveless blue and red body suit with the Dynamo 5 logo on it. Her thigh high boots have padding for her shins and knees. She wears long dark gloves that go up to half up to her upper arm. She also wears a pair of goggles that help her in focusing her laser vision.

Powers

All her powers are vision related. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this character. I was looking for a character with this kind of power set. I was batting around going with the Marvel Comics character Peeper also once known as Occult. The thing was big, bulgy eyes was part of the mutation that made his powers possible. I would hate to have to have bulgy eyes to have super sight related powers. Supervision however doesn't suffer from this problem and she has the same super sight power set.

She has telescopic vision allowing her to see over great distances. I assume it actually works in a way similar to using a telescope. She also has so called "X-ray vision" the ability to see through solid objects without the actual use of X-rays. The exact limits of these vision powers has yet to be documented or so I am led to believe but I assume it was impressive enough and more importantly useful.

She also has "Laser Vision" that can be used to "neutralize" a person or up to objects as massive as tanks. It can also generate concussive force that can destroy walls and batter people. Hence why I call it "Laser Vision" in quotes as it's not acting strictly like a laser.

If I was Supervision

Well this is one of my favorite power sets. If only because it would renew my love of the night. I'm no astronomer but I would readily become an amateur one. From a professional perspective I'd become an archeologist. When you can look into the ground without digging it's easier to find things. Of course I could join a security firm and be used to see if people are smuggling things or carrying concealed weapons. I may like in the Daredevil entry offer my services to a doctor to help in the diagnosis of patients. Of course I do live in a place with a lot of natural beauty that isn't easily accessible so if I had built in binoculars that would make it a lot easier to appreciate the environment around me.

Now for the obvious question. Would I be a voyeur? Hell yeah. I'm not proud of that but it would happen. That's not to say it would be the only thing I would do but I'd have the bad habit of taking "peaks".

As for the so called laser vision I'd start off practicing how to light cigarettes with it. I love have fine control over destructive abilities. Then I'd start fires in the woods for keeping warm and then I'd learn to use the concussive element of it. Turn it into a "poor man's telekinesis". I'd train it so I can get enough control over it to be able to push things around with out breaking them.

After my training with my laser vision is complete I'd it would be my personal "side arm". "Freeze or I'll blast you!" then if they didn't freeze, well I'd blast them or at least melt any potential weapons the person I told to freeze was carrying. I may try things like melting the sole of their shoes or popping car tires but that's a pretty dangerous thing to do. Popping the tires of a moving car can get a lot people killed. Also just like with the Pig Talisman from the Talismans of Shendu entry I'd learn to use the laser vision to cook as well.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment