Thursday, December 9, 2010

If I Had Captain Canada's Supersuit

Background

Captain Canada's supersuit was created by Captain Atlantis otherwise known as Captain Newfoundland an alien from another world and the last inhabitant of Atlantis. He created the suit/armor so Canada would have a national symbol and protector. How old the suit actually is or if it has been given to anyone else before in unknown to me as of this writing. As far as I know this may have been a common armor worn by Atlantians much like the Guyver armor was worn as space suits by the "Creators".

Description

The suit is a base of red with a white stylized maple leaf on its chest. The limbs have a white stripe running down them with multiple bands of white around them. It comes with a red sealed helmet with a large black visor and small golden crest on it. The suit has golden, banded trunks, gauntlets and boots. The cuffs of the boots and belt are encircled with small, golden disks. The removable cape is white with a red lining on the inside held in place with golden clasps.

Powers

Aside from being a suit of armor the suit is capable of flight in and out of an atmosphere. He can fly from the Moon to the Earth in a short period of time. It provides life support for it's wearer permitting him or her to survive in the void of outer space as well as survive the rigors of it's flight capacity.

It can create a force fields although I don't know how strong they are. It can also project lasers presumably from the gauntlets. Given that the supersuit permits its wearer to turn invisible as well as generate holographic duplicates of him or herself the laser might be able to be projected from any point on the suit.

It also permits its wearer to pass through solid objects. As he did when he was fighting Sho-Gun. It also apparently has magnetic powers.

It is also said the suit has a built-in computer. I'm not sure what that means but I'm sure it includes functions like navigation, targeting as well as handles the bending of light for purposes of invisibility and holographic projection. I'm not sure if it's interactive like a personal computer or if it's simply like a vehicle computer.

I theorize that the suit is more of a wearable spaceship than a battle suit or combat armor. I believe that since the suit doesn't grant super strength or any other physical attribute enhancement and what powers the suit does possess are reminiscent of a spaceship. I believe the magnetic powers probably function as a manipulation tool similar to a spaceship's tractor beam.

If I Had Captain Canada's Supersuit

The first thing I would do is beg Captain Altantis/Newfoundland for a redesign of the suit's appearance, a common practice when a costume or armor is handed down to a successor in comic books. I'd get rid of the white bands but leave the stripes. I'd get the golden parts made white and I'd have them made more mechanical looking, getting rid of the disks in favor of solid bands or at least make them angular segments.

After the modifications and the training sessions I'd probably also end up with some telepathic abilities like Daniel Eaton (Captain Canada) had when it was done. I would then start treating the suit as a wearable spaceship. Most of my days would start with a quick trip to the Moon just to drink in the Earth and take it all in. Then I would see how things were going in the International Space Station then get on with my day.

I might spend my time exploring nearby planets and giving my findings to whatever scientific body is willing to take it. While doing that I would most likely use the suit's laser power to draw large images on the surface of the planet maybe even do some graffiti on their moons.

Now I know that Captain Newfoundland would want me to do some life saving and be an example for people to follow. I'd give some talks at schools and then I would go on patrol. I know that Captain Newfoundland and his other mystical buddies like Golden Dove and Captain Freedom would eventually have tasks for me to do.

I would also explore the northern climates and rescue those lost in the tundra or the frozen sea. If you can survive in the void of outer space you can survive arctic conditions.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment