Saturday, February 12, 2011

If I Was Jade

Background

Jennifer-Lynn Hayden is the daughter of Allan Scott the original Green Lantern of Earth who derived his power from a Lantern created from the Star Heart rather than a Green Lantern Corps' Power Battery. For some reason that I don't know Jennifer-Lynn was born with a connection to the Star Heart that gives her Green Lantern-like powers.

She has had a long, distinguished career as a super heroine and was a member of many super groups and was even at one point the leader of the Outsiders. When her connection to the Star Heart was severed she lost her powers and became a member of the Green Lantern Corps serving as Earth's Green Lantern.

Description

Jade like virtually all super heroines is an attractive, athletic female. At one point she made a living modeling. Where she differs is that she is green. Not only does she have green eyes and hair, she has green skin as well.

She wears a green and white costume with what looks like a green stylized atom for its emblem.

Powers

As a conduit for the Star Heart she has extensive energy manipulation powers. Most notably she can create "constructs" out of the green energy of the Star Heart like shields, hands, swords, simple geometric shapes, force fields or whatever she can imagine. Although her power manifests itself with an accompanying green light phenomena, she can manipulate a variety of natural forces and energies like gravity, radiation, heat and light.

Aside from solid energy forms she can use her powers to make herself invisible, fly, pass through solid objects (although apparently she moves through the "4th Dimension" do do that). She can project beams of heat or force or blinding light and can hypnotize people. As some natural defense she can even when unconscious produce a protective aura that not only protects from harm from external attacks and hostile environments but can also sustain her when there is no oxygen or suitable atmosphere.

Being a conduit for the Star heart she possesses a number of super human sensory powers. She is essentially aware of and can perceive the entire electromagnetic spectrum and is also capable of sensing and perceiving magical and spiritual phenomena. Her sensory powers also give her the ability to "detect danger". The source of danger is "highlighted" in green.

She is capable of more feats than I've listed but those are the most common use of her powers. It is said that like with the Green Lanterns including her father the true limit of her powers is the strength of her will and the quality of her imagination. That being said due to the Star Heart's particular magical nature it is most effective against metals and least effective against plant life, wood being totally immune to it. Other forms of plant life can still be affected but to a lesser degree than things from the animal and mineral kingdoms.

If I Was Jade

Well...I'd be green but I wouldn't care. When I'm having a bad day I would sing "It's Not Easy Being Green" like Kermit the Frog does.

I'd train myself to have a number of attacks and defenses to the point that they are intuitive. I would also declare myself the "Supernatural Protector of the Planet". From there I would choose a country and make them a super power. I would do that because I don't specifically want to rule the world. It sounds cool at first but it's an incredible pain in the ass in the long run. You rule things because you want to be in charge. Being in charge means you're responsible for everyone you're in charge of. Way too much a pain in the ass. So instead I'd let others deal with that. If I like what they're doing I back them with my power. If I don't I let them do it on their own or take them down.

Another reason I don't want to be in charge is because with Jade's power level I'd prefer to be tackling natural disasters like tsunamies, land slides, earth quakes, ect... I'd also like to tackle cleaning up space debris, processing landfills, repelling asteroids, cleaning up pollution, that kind of thing.

Another thing I would do is explore the solar system for other forms of life or new elements and materials that don't exist on Earth and either bring them back for research or bring researchers to them. Once again I would increase humanity's knowledge of the universe.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment