Saturday, February 9, 2013

If I was Count Vertigo

Background

Werner Vertigo is a member of the former Vlatavan royal family turned super villain who inherited his families inner ear defect that was corrected with an electronic implant. He was able to modify the device to be able to cause vertigo in others. With the modified implant he embarked on a career of crime often coming into conflict with Green Arrow and Black Canary.

At some point his vertigo powers became internalized and his own inner ear problem became fixed. Also some how he gained the power of flight. At one point he was a member of the the Secret Society of Super Villains and the Injustice Society. He was even a member of the Suicide Squad and a White Knight in Checkmate.

Description

Werner is a tallish, blond haired, blue eyed man of regal bearing. He typically wears a green and black body suit with a cowl that hides about half of his face. On the costume's chest is what appears to either be rings or a stylized eye. He wears a large, green cloak to add to his "regal" appearance.

Powers

Count Vertigo's primary power is to cause vertigo in a target(s). This means he obstructs the target(s)' ability to reconcile their sensory input in relationship to themselves and to the world around them causing them to become nauseous, lose their balance or be unable to aim properly. This power also affects technological items like infrared sensors, targeting systems, motion detectors, etc...

The exact range of the power isn't listed but he can affect multiple fighter jets flying in formation as well as small tank battalions. He has even affected people watching him over video monitors. The power is even strong enough to effect the likes of Superman and Aquaman. That being said a well trained mind can learn to deal with the vertigo effect or at least one person had managed to do it.

He also has the power of flight. Once again the full extent of this power isn't stated so I would have assumed that he could probably fly between 40 and 60 mph but from examples I've found he can fly fast enough to intercept incoming fighter jets and can keep pace with a crashing jet so I would put his flight powers at somewhere closer to between 150 to 200 mph (I could be wrong of course). I'd say his flight powers may be equal to Angel's powers of flight minus the ability to carry 500lbs at arms in flight with him.

If I was Count Vertigo

This power set is of course awesome for military and police use. Take out incoming military vehicles, mess up snipers, set off sophisticated bombs systems and alarms, disable crowds, riot control, disarm terrorist, et cetera and so on. Now I'm not much of a joiner and I'm not the best at following orders so although I've mentioned that with certain power sets I might join the military or be a police officer. This power set lacks the protections provided by those sets. This is what I would call a support power set, meaning that it's great for helping others but not necessarily a power set that you would venture out alone with. You could if you were braver than me but I'm not into unnecessary risk taking.

I think I would run a neighborhood watch. It would be my way of training, getting used to how the powers works, its limits and an excuse to get my sorry carcass in shape. After that it's working in a private security firm. The going rate for someone who can neutralize targets en mass without touching them and can reach any place quickly no matter the terrain is very high, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment