Thursday, April 4, 2013

If I was Elliot

Background

In the Misfits television series Elliot was a disgruntled preacher who uses what money he has to buy super powers from the “power dealer” Seth. He uses these new powers to make people believe he is Jesus Christ “reborn”. He soon becomes corrupt with power and uses his followers especially a “repentant hood” to acquire more money and his purchased powers to rape women. Eventually he gets his comeuppance when he accidentally kills himself using his telekinetic power to get his money filled locker back from the “Misfits”. It slams into him, knocking him against a wall, cracking his skull open. A wreath falls on his head resembling a crown of thorns.

Description

Elliot is a relatively tall and thin man with sharp features. He has brown hair and eyes.

Powers

Elliot has several powers he purchased from Seth: telekinesis, water walking, instant sexual arousal and teleportation.

His telekinesis is strong enough to pull a locker full of money at great speed towards himself after ripping it from the hands of five (possibly six) people who were actively resisting his efforts. It should be noted that it took him some effort to do that.

Not much is shown about his ability to walk on water other than to show he could actually walk on water.

His instant sexual arousal power permits him to cause a person he has skin to skin contact with to be consumed with a powerful lust for him. The victim of the power doesn't remember what they did when under the influence of the power but they do know that they did do something. The power does have a few limits. Once the victim is “sexually spent” the power no longer affects them at least until they are “arousable” again. The power cannot be turned on and off. Consequently, unintended skin to skin contact can lead to rape.

His teleportation power permits him to teleport to a place or person (even without knowing where they are) he wants to go to. This version of teleportation seems to be a sideways “shunt”. When Nikki had the power she once found herself knocked sideways against a wall after teleporting. On the other hand she has teleported “blindly” without ever appearing in a solid object. So their would seem to be a sort of intuitive “teleportation navigation” ability that prevents that from happening similar to the Vanisher in Marvel Comics.

If I was Elliot

Well, if I've learned nothing else from watching the episode he appears in. I've learned it is a good idea to practise using these powers rigorously. After all it was his lack of practise that got him killed by the locker.
Since the telekinesis power isn't as strong as the others I've covered in other entries I would handle it differently. Yes it would be an extension of my martial arts skills but I wouldn't practise using it for water walking or flying. However I would practise using it to break my fall as well as slow it. I would also follow the example of the ninja skills from the Naruto anime and use it to permit me to climb objects by anchoring my hands and feet to the surface I'm climbing or at least use it to fortify my grip when climbing. I would also make sure I could use it to throw people off of me who are accidentally under the influence of the sexual arousal power. No point in having that power come back and haunt me when it doesn't have to. Along that line I would use it as replacement for my hands when it comes to situations when I would otherwise have to have physical contact with someone without being properly prepared. Like when someone needs first aid. No point in having tragedies when I could fix things telekinetically.

Water walking would be for my personal enjoyment. There is a lot of water and a lot of swampland where I live so water walking is very useful. It is also useful for snow walking. Snow is as hard to walk on as water sometimes and water can sometimes be hiding under snow. So falling into freezing water unexpectedly is a very real danger. I'd probably use it to help people stranded in the water or to help them put their docks in the water during spring and take them out in the fall. The teleportation power of course becomes my primary mode of transportation. Think of where I want to be or who I want to see and poof I'm there. That is very handy when someone calls you for help. Given that you are shunted sideways when you use it you can prepare to deliver an attack for when you appear. Unfortunately this particular teleportation power doesn't permit you to carry more than what you're wearing with you as you teleport. Or at least it seems that way. Nikki could have just used it to save the Misfits from Tim when he had them tied up but she didn't but then she was new to her power at the time. However even when she got used to her power she never brought any one with her so I will assume she couldn't.

Instant sexual arousal. Now I know you're probably thinking, “What can you do with the power other than rape people?” Well my “inner ninja” says that is short sighted of you. Think a kinky version of “ninja vanish”. I touch the target, they get all lusty and I teleport. Since the power causes memory loss during the time of arousal, the target never knew I could teleport. Remember that although I never mentioned it under the power description, this power affects both sexes even if they are not attracted to your sex. Alisha used it to arouse a group of dancers both male and female. Also quick “taps” in succession would serve to disorient a target without getting them to try and have sex with you. This power could also be used to cure someone with sexual inhibition issues. Regular stimulation over time could be used to break down the barriers. It could also be used to build up contacts and people willing to help you. Make people feel good and they will like having you around.

My primary use of this power set would be to use the power to find missing people. As long as I have pictures or videos to see the people I could teleport to them and then bring them home. Of course I couldn't teleport them home but I could call and get the missing person picked up. Also I could use the other three powers to help subdue any possible captors or at least escape and report the situation to the authorities.
As for not being able to touch people without causing them sexual arousal well there are ways around it. Just be dressed up from head to toe and make sure not to touch skin. So you could still give warm hugs to people. In fact, where I come from, half the year you wouldn't even notice I was doing anything unusual. You would be dressed from head to toe just to deal with the weather. Of course in terms of sexual relationships you just wear a PVC suit. It's a kink for some people and of course wearing a condom is just a good practice. There are other forms of protection for performing cunnilingus which could also be used for kissing. So it's not impossible.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment