Wednesday, September 15, 2010

If had the Arabian Knight's Equipment

For this one I'm going with the scimitar, carpet and sash belonging to Marvel Comics original Arabian Knight Abdul Qamar.

Background

The first known appearance of these items was in the thirteenth century when Abdul's ancestor had possession of them. Where they actually come from or who created them doesn't seem to have ever been established. They could possibly have different creators and have been acquired individually. Since they have been used by people other then those related to Abdul it might be safe to assume that whoever created them didn't create them specifically for the Qamar family.

Description

The scimitar is your standard looking "arabic" scimitar made of some kind of golden colored metal. The pommel seems to resemble the head of a bird with rubies for eyes.

The carpet seems to be a plain red carpet with tassels all the around it. It's large enough for two adults to stand on comfortably.

The sash is four feet long and is as red and featureless as the carpet. It is typically worn as a belt.

Powers

Before going into each item individually I would say that a trait common to all three items is that they bond with their user until either he or she is dead or until they relinquish possession of them.

The Scimitar

It is indestructible and is capable of slicing trough steel, stone and other equally durable materials. It can project bolts of force whose intensity is mentally determined by it's wielder. It's maximum amount of force is unspecified but has proven strong enough to blast through stone walls. Possibly as a security measure anyone who does not have it's owner's permission to touch it will find themselves struck by a discharge of magical force. It is especially harmful to magical beings.

The Carpet

It is also indestructible. It and can fly under its owner's mental command. Its top rate of speed and maximum altitude are unknown. Since the Arabian Knight wore no special protection when he rode it he kept his speed to no greater than ninety miles per hour and never flew higher than twenty thousand feet. Aside from a being a great way to get around it can be mentally directed at a distance and used as a weapon. It can be used to smother someone, strike like a whip or even roll up and caused to bludgeon a target into submission.

The Sash

Being made from a material similar to the carpet it is also indestructible. Also like the carpet it is animated by mental command but is unable to fly. It is however a handy tool. Unlike the carpet it can be commanded to stretch out to ten times its normal length. It can be used to ensnare targets and bind them. It is can also be commanded to function as an effective whip and to assist in climbing. Like the scimitar it is especially effective against magical creatures so much so that it can free a person it is wrapped around from possession by a magical creature.

If I Had The Arabian Knight's Equipment

In all honesty this combination of magical artifacts runs the risk of making me really lazy. The sash alone would corrupt me. It would make a great set of extra arms and hands or even feet and legs. I'd wear it all the time. I'd be more than pleased to have only it. A forty foot reach is really handy mind you I would wear it as a belt and end up with the ends of it being two arms with up to roughly an eighteen foot reach each. Where I live now that's long enough for me to use it to get anything I want in the kitchen and living room while sitting in the comfort of my recliner.

On the other hand I would also use it in ways that would keep me in really good shape. If nothing else I would use it for resistance training. I would cause the sash to provide resistance to my movements not unlike walking with weights or using a bow flex. Also it would be fun to use it to climb trees, rocks and buildings. I bet I could use it to throw snow balls in the winter.

Since I don't have a car so the magic carpet would make a great everyday vehicle. Mind you I'd be as stealthy as possible about it since I wouldn't want everyone to know that I have one. I would definitely use it to get to places I couldn't get to climbing around with the sash.

As a twist and in order to keep my flying carpet as secret as possible I would use it as the "engine" for other means or transportation. Well mostly I would make shells and pretend they are customized "super vehicles" like Nite Owl from the Watchmen's owl ship. Mind you I say that 'cause I'm watching that movie while I write this. What I originally though of doing was making a flying canoe with it or a go-cart or maybe even a carpet propelled carriage so I could ride inside protected from the elements. It gets cold up here in Northern Ontario. It would also be nice to have a place for cargo. I not sure what the carpets maximum payload is. I haven't been able to find that information anywhere. Now that I think of it I might use the carpet in conjunction with my recliner and the sash and be very,very super lazy. "What? What I want is out of reach or my sash. Carpet bring me closer." Yep super lazy.

Now for the sword. I seem to have a certain knack for fighting but I'm by no means a violent person. Although I do have my moments of "Do your worst 'cause when your done it's my turn and I guarantee you you're not gonna like it." There will however come a time when someone does something stupid and is going to need a beat down. Mostly however the sword would end up being a useful tool. If it can cut through stone and metal I can sure use it to chop down trees and split wood for fire at my sister's cottage. Much to a lot of weapon collectors' dismay I would use it to carve images into the abundance of rock faces that dominate the area I live in.

I think the sword would also be great for landscaping. When you can project bolts of magical force with controlled intensities well you have the means to level ground and pulverize stones into pebbles. Big boulders that are buried beneath the ground are huge nuisances when your trying to dig a basement or a swimming pool or even trying to level out ground.

Mind you the sword is designed to fight off magical, evil threats so there is a good chance that at some point I might be sought out by such things. I mean if the sword, sash and carpet existed then I'm sure the things they were created to battle would too. I won't lie one of the first things I would do upon getting the sword is take sword fighting lessons. I'm not one to own a weapon and not know how to use it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment