Thursday, March 14, 2013

If I was the original Spider Woman

Background

At a year old Jessica Drew and family moved from England to Wundagore Mountain. Her father worked there with fellow geneticist Herbert Wyndham who would later become the High Evolutionary. Several years after their arrival Jessica developed radiation poisoning from exposure to uranium. Her father injected her with a formula based on the recuperative powers of spiders to grant her immunity to the radiation. Wyndham then put her in a genetic accelerator of his own design to help speed up the process. Unfortunately the process was still very slow so the accelerator slowed down her ageing process. She woke up decades later alone for some mysterious reason with no memory of her past. Her power manifested a short time later. Upon first manifesting she accidentally unleashed a “venom blast” killing her boyfriend. From then on she led a complicated life becoming a member of several clandestine organizations including Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D.
After her stint with Hydra she developed the superhuman persona of Spider Woman and became a superhero. She is the one who fished Carol Danvers out of the river after Rogue dumped her there when she permanently stole her powers and memories.

Description

She is a tall, athletic woman with green eyes who dies her long auburn hair black. She wears a red body suit including a mask and cowl with eye lenses similar to Spiderman. The suit is trimmed in black and has various yellow accenting pieces including gloves and boots.

Powers

Her basic physical attributes are on par with Spiderman's including her flexibility, agility and speed including reflexes. However where as he can lift 10 tons at arms length over his head, she can only lift 7 tons. Of course given that the serum was designed to impart her a spider's immunity to toxins, drugs and radiation her immunity to these things far exceeds his. Also like Spiderman, she can cling to walls using electrostatic attraction with similar capacity.
Unlike Spiderman she has superhuman hearing instead of his precognitive “spider sense”. Aside from just greater acuity, she also has a greater range of frequencies she can hear. Also unlike Spiderman she produces pheromones that can cause fear or cause attraction or repulsion depending on the targets gender and mood.
She can also generates bio-electricity that she can project as “venom blasts” which manifest as green burst of electricity that generally effects a target's nervous system. She generally only projects them with enough “charge” to stun a target but when fully charged she can project a full blast equal to 1/10th of a lightning bolt. After that she would be depleted of venom blasts and would have to wait for her stores to build up again.
She also posses the very unspider-like ability to glide on wind currents. Or at least tiny spiders do this by catching breezes with “spider lines”. To be honest she can fully fly now and not just glide but I prefer the gliding idea so I'm going to stick with that version of the power.

If I was the original Spider Woman

The first order of business for me would be parcour. Wall crawling and gliding with the addition of super agility and super strength enhanced mobility and even super stamina and durability. You can bring the sport to whole new levels. Sky scrapers and monuments become new places to play. I guess that I'd be combining parcour with base jumping. Mind you I could also go flight suit jumping without the flight suit or parachute.
Okay so I would start a web show. “The All New Adventures of Darth Hunter” I would prowl the city dressed like a “Sith” doing “Force Gymnastics” (the “super parcour” mentioned above). I'd blast people with the venom blasts as though they were “Force Lightning” but it would be people who would be willing or if I came across people who needed a good shocking. Then I would do things like move people's cars around or even stack them using my super strength. I would use the pheromones to manipulate people as though it were some “Jedi Mind Trick”. Of course the pheromones are about the attraction and repulsion based on the gender that finds you attractive or feels you are competition. So essentially women would enjoy my presence but men would experience fear in it. Not sure how that would really work out. Spiderfan.org claims that she controls her pheromone emissions so I guess I could use it like a Jedi mind trick. All this would be filmed by someone of course. Not sure who I'd get. Maybe someone with a R/C helicopter mounted camera so they could catch up with my roof hopping.

Aside from that I would participate in a lot of marathons and shows like Ninja Warrior and Wipeout. That's probably how I would make a living. I'd keep the winnings for these competitions and use at least part of it to film more videos.

Ultimately this is a power set that either turns you into a hero or a villain. Like I said with my Wonder Woman entry the temptation to follow racing police cars or to intervene when I see something dangerous going on is too great for me. I'd use “The All New Adventures of Darth Hunter” as a cover for my super heroing. Also spiders are predators so I would probably “prey on evil”. Especially using the pheromone power to extract information or to intimidate a possible adversary.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment