Saturday, October 30, 2010

If I was Hellboy

Background

Hellboy is the demonic off spring of the demon Azzael and the witch Sarah Hughes. He lay dormant in the castle in which he was conceived until summoned by Grigori Rasputin. As with all evil plans in a character's origin story, Rasputin's plan went wrong and Hellboy or Anung Un Rama (his true name) ended up appearing in a different area then expected and was discovered by Trevor Bruttenholm who raised him as his own son and helped mold him into the hero he is today.

Description

Hellboy is a large (7 feet tall, 400 lbs), muscular red demon with horns and all and a thick powerful tail. His right hand from his forearm up is a larger, textured stone forearm and hand with three fingers and magical runes all over them.

Powers and Paraphernalia

Among many supernatural features he has from being a demon Hellboy has impressive superhuman strength and is said to be able to lift 10 tons from the ground to over his head but his limit isn't really known. He is capable of uprooting a tree and throwing it at an opponent as well as being able to throw around opponents who weigh in excess of 500 lbs. Aside from his super strength he has the mandatory resistance to injury commensurate with that strength and can take severe beatings by large monsters receiving only minor injuries. He has charged someone using an MG-42 machine gun taking its bullets directly to his chest and was still able to get close enough to destroy it. His stamina is also greater than human permitting him to fight for hours at a time. He is also capable of adapting to hostile environments after some time and exposure.

His primary defence is his supernatural healing ability permitting him to recover from injuries that would be fatal to a human being such as a sword through the chest. Unlike in the movie he's not immune to fire but his healing rate is so quick that sometimes it seams that way. He is also noted to have a super human sense of site permitting him to see things further away than a normal unaided human can. He also has an enhanced sense of smell that he can use to track and locate targets whose scent he has acquired.

His aging process is different than a normal human. He started off by aging faster than normal but when he hit maturity he seems to have stopped aging all together.

Aside from his physical attributes he has an innate understanding for ancient and magical languages.

His right hand is the "Right Hand of Doom" with is in fact the right hand and forearm of the angel Anum. Although it is an incredibly fantastic hand to hand combat weapon its main ability is to unlock the prison of the Ogdru Jahad and control them once they're released.

Despite his powers Hellboy is vulnerable to magical control from spells and rituals using his true name or those meant to control the Right Hand of Doom. The Right Hand also comes with another problem. It's size and strength makes it difficult to use delicate, modern devices. Although he's right handed he uses his left hand to perform most of his "normal" tasks.

Aside from his natural powers he tends to carry a number items with including magical charms and holy relics as well as modern military items like guns and grenades.

If I was Hellboy

Instead of being a fake demon like with Darkoth the Death Demon, in this case I'd be a real demon...well a half-demon anyway. I'd live that up. I wouldn't shave back my horns like Hellboy does. I'd want the full effect. I would then find myself a small town and strike a deal with its representatives and offer it my services in return for anonymity and tribute. My services would consist of keeping wild animals out of the town, driving off "dangerous" strangers, finding people who are lost, basically using my powers in the towns service as long as they maintain their part of the bargain.

I'm just not a bad guy at heart. I love helping people. I'm no one's fool though. That's why I would charge a tribute. I wouldn't want people thinking I'm some kind of push over and I don't believe supernatural intervention should be done without a price. I don't necessarily mean financially. I just mean that if you have supernatural intervention instead of doing something yourself there should be a consequence so that you appreciate what has been done for you.

In my role as protector demon I'd probably go around naked as well. When you have cloven hooves and a big tail what would you wear anyway? Of course I'm sure someone in the town would be handy with a needle and thread and could make me some clothes. Hell I'm sure someone would offer it just to keep me from being naked. Yeah probably.

I'd most likely live in a basement somewhere so I can hide while "friendly" strangers are around. I'm sure it would be one of the requirements in the contract between me and the town. I'd make sure a clause in the contract would define nighttime as my "time to prowl". That's probably when most of the towns people would be getting in trouble anyway. "Mr. Demon my child snuck out can you bring her home for me please. I think she's with Billy down at Miller's pond." Then I'd sneak up on the two and scare the snot out of them then when they's calmed down let the daughter know that her parents are looking for her. Although I'd be really surprised if someone asked a seven foot tall demon to go looking for their daughter who snuck out at night.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment